OS: Macintosh OS X PPC and Intel, Windows XP-Vista-7, Max Runtime
Language of interface: English
Languages of manual: French and English
Languages of video tutorials: French with English subtitles
Licence : Creative-Commons BY-NC
Ce(tte) oeuvre est mise à disposition selon les termes de la Licence Creative Commons Paternité – Pas d’Utilisation Commerciale 2.0 France.
Minimum system requirement:
Macintosh: processor PPC or Intel, Mac OS X 10.4 to 10.7, 1 GB RAM, Max Runtime.
Windows: Windows XP, Vista or 7, 1 GB RAM, QuickTime 7.1 (or later), an OpenGL-compatible graphics card, and OpenGL 1.4 (or later), Max Runtime.
Le Synthé V5 is an emulation of the mythic Synthi AKS constructed by EMS in 1972.
As an emulation, you can found the original interface (devices and matrix board), and the approximate original sounds (the waveform was recorded from an original VCS3). As a software, Le Synthé V5 adds new improvements (control device, delay effect, oscillators with more important ranges, a better system to control the device, MIDI control, memory, etc.).
Read below for the installation.
- You must first install Max runtime: http://cycling74.com/downloads/
- Download the sources of Le Synthé V5
- Unzip the downloaded file
- Open the folder and double-click on the file named »LeSyntheV5.maxpat »
- 1 oscillator, waveforms: sine/ramp (change to square or triangle), 0-20 KHz, fine tune (MIDI), frequency modulation from 3 oscillators
- 2 oscillators, waveforms: square/triangle (change to sine or ramp), 0-20 KHz, fine time (MIDI), frequency modulation from 3 oscillators
- a noise generator (white noise or pink noise), color parameter (low-pass and high-pass filter)
- a filter/oscillator, 0-20 KHz, fine tune (MIDI), low-pass or high-pass
- a ring modulator
- an enveloppe shaper, attack-on-decay-off, 2 outputs: signal and trapezoid, trigger by space bar of computer keyboard, stick, metronome or MIDI
- an effect module: reverberation or delay, parameters: mix, time (delay), feedback (delay)
- an input module with gate
- 2 ouput modules with filter (low-pass or high-pass) and panning
- a control module with 2 possibilities: playing a table of values or random generator
- a stick to control parameters with mouse
- a matrix 17×16 to connect output of each module to input of each module (audio and control)
- all parameters are MIDI controlled
- choose the range of control of each parameter